• 1 game board
• 4 class cards
• 51 region cards,
• 40 small wooden cubes
• 1 Caravan piece
• 15 diplomat tokens
• 10 Move 3 extra steps-tokens
• 65 rat tokens
The Plague has crossed the Mediterranean with travelling merchants and is now also ravaging northern Africa. The introduction of the caravan and diplomats add new strategic possibilities, and the region cards give players more control over plague outbreaks. This expansion creates a whole new game experience: new possibilities, more players and especially more fun.
• expansion for the successful game Rattus: combine this expansion with the standard game and other expansions for an even funnier game.
• new possibilities with the new Islam class: four new characters with unique skills.
• explore new strategies: fight the plague with region cards, score extra points with diplomats or
generate additional growth using the caravan.
• includes components for 5 and 6 players!
Others about Rattus: Expansion 2 - Africanus
“I feel very much that Rattus fits into that ‘Carcassonne category’, of a game with very simple rules, that plays nice and quick, but requires a good amount of strategic thinking and play to be successful. One of its key strengths is precisely the streamlined and efficient gameplay mechanics, so – as with Carcassonne – the addition of bells, whistles, and all sorts of weird and wonderful gizmos carries the inherent risk of being counter-productive. With Africanus, I think we are still at the ‘Inns and Cathedrals’ stage (to extend the Carc comparison), i.e. there is minimal – but interesting – additional ‘chrome’ being bolted onto the base game, and the expansion is as much about letting extra players play as throwing in more rules. […] For me the amount of new rules introduced here is just right, adding interesting variety without getting to the point of overload or fundamentally changing the basic game.” - Mark Rivera, Boardgames in Blighty.